Pollinate Knowledge Transfer Index

Collaboration Style Insights for Remote & Hybrid Work

Pollinate’s Knowledge Transfer Index (KTI) is a psychometric assessment that summarizes seven elements of style, preference and ability, all of which affect how people work and learn together – in person or virtually.

We use the results of KTI assessments in our Cross-Pollinate AI™ matching process to put people together strategically for Pollinate Mentoring Programs, teams and ecosystems, which can involve sorting hundreds of people within an organization into pairs or groups.

The KTI helps groups of all sizes work together more effectively by providing insight into the following elements:

Knowledge Transfer Index Matching elements

Core Motivations

Core motivations are the underlying drives that provide motivation and shape behaviours and desires. They include an individual’s need for influence, relationship, coherence (understanding big picture outcomes) and achievement.

If three of the four core motivation scores are extremely close, we assess a fifth type of core motivation related to the situation or presenting situations.

Natural Talents

Natural talents can be described as strengths that are ‘go to’ actions for dealing with any new project, issue, action or information. The KTI gauges an individual’s talents in terms of how much they rely on one or a blend of approaches.

Reference Point

Reference point relates to how people make decisions and see the world, whether they are most likely to rely on their gut, head, heart, hands or a blend of those.

Physical Learning Style

Physical learning style describes an individual’s best strategies for taking in information, whether that is visual, auditory, kinesthetic or a blended style.

Resolution Style

Resolution style describes an individual’s preferred time frame for making decisions or bringing issues to a close. In this part of the KTI, we ask people to imagine a time scale ranging from ASAP (a hard closer who wants things resolved as quickly as possible) through to someone who prefers to keep a situation open as long as possible.

Sorting Style

Sorting style describes how people sort new information as it is acquired. Research tells us that 80% of the population will sort for similarities, comparing to other things we may have seen or done. The other 20% of the population sorts for differences, considering, “how is this different than what I have seen or experienced before?” Often those trained in risk management will sort for differences and look for the outliers. Some will have a blended style, switching back and forth between sorting for similarities and sorting for differences.

Ideal Interaction Level

Ideal interaction level speaks to how much interaction best facilitates learning, from a lot to a little. Ideal interaction level is a narrow slice of introversion/extroversion inclinations. It’s important to be aware of and respect different learning needs, ranging from those who prefer very limited interaction (they almost always prefer to work independently) to those wanting very plentiful interaction (they need people available to process and learn).

Pollinate’s KTI is often used in tandem with a proprietary algorithm, refined over many years and data points, to create optimal mentor-mentee matches to accomplish specific goals. Today, 96% of mentees who completed a KTI assessment at the beginning of their mentoring program report that they are now better prepared to assume leadership roles within their organization.

Take the Knowledge Transfer Index assessment

Get actionable psychometric insights to collaborate, work and learn more effectively:

Contact us to get started